A Look at Barcelona’s Energy Pricing StructureThere are two pricing structures for electricity in Spain: fixed and variable rates. Certain regular expenses must be paid monthly, no matter how much energy you use. In particular, the fixed rates consist of the following:
- Meter rental costs: To avoid monthly rental fees, you may choose to buy a smart meter.
- Power capacity: Calculated by multiplying your contractual rate in kilowatt-hours by the number of days you are on that rate.
- Maintenance contract: This is optional
- Variable costs include: The amount of power you use within a month.
- Electricity tax: Levied on power consumption and capacity
Choosing the Best Electricity Provider in BarcelonaThe number of electricity suppliers in Barcelona is staggering. Notable service providers include:
- Enel Green Power
- Horeca Energia
- Ignis Energía
- Jorge Energy
- Xenera Compañía Electrica